The Association for the Promotion of Skiing - Skiforeningen - was founded 4. January 1883. Our main object has all along been to promote skiing. If you would like to learn the art and joy of Nordic cross-country skiing you can join one of our courses, which are taught in English.
Find out why this is one of the most popular of all winter sports, and experience the winter in Norway in a new way! At our ski course you will learn new techniques that keeps you balanced and comfortable while skiing. Our skiing-instructors are experienced and educated instructors, and the cross-country skiing takes place on prepared trails/tracks.
We arrange our courses:
- Once a week over a period of two or three weeks. The courses are held on Saturdays, Mondays or Wednesdays. You can choose between courses that start in week 2 and 5 and consist of three course sessions, or the courses that start in week 9 and consist of two course sessions. Each session lasts for 90 min.
- Prize for courses with three sessions (courses that start in week 2 and 5): 1490 NOK for members of the association and 1790 NOK for non-members.
- Prize for courses with two sessions (courses that start in week 9): 990 NOK for members of the association and 1190 NOK for non-members.
- Meeting point for courses on Saturdays at Øvresetertjern: small lake 500m above Frognerseteren towards Tryvann. The meetingplace is by the Skiforeningens information board on the right hand side of the road (parking lot is on the left side of the road).
- Meeting point for courses on Mondays at Maridalen: the parking spot at Låkeberget - the first parking spot at left hand side of the road two kilometers past Brekkekrysset (the entrance of Maridalen). The instructor will meet you where the ski track starts.
- Meeting point for courses on Wednesdays at Fossum: by the red garage 100m below Fossum clubhouse.
- For road directions please see this link.
- From 17 years and older
- All groups have a maximum size of 8 per instructor
The courses are suitable for beginners and those with some experience:
Recommended for those who feel they need to learn and improve basic techniques. We focus on gliding (called diagonal skiing), proper use of the ski poles (called poling and double-poling), and other important techniques. All skiing is on prepared/ groomed tracks.