The Association for the Promotion of Skiing - Skiforeningen - was founded 4. January 1883. Our main object has all along been to promote skiing. Norwegians are born with skiis, it has been said, but every year we have more than 10.000 participating in our skicourses. If you would like to learn the art and joy of Nordic cross-country skiing you can join one of our courses, which are taught in English.
Find out why this is one of the most popular of all winter sports, and open up for a new way of experiencing winter in Norway! Using longer, thinner and much lighter skis than when downhill skiing, can be challenging. At our ski course you will learn new techniques that keep you balanced and comfortable while skiing. Our skiing-instructors are experienced and educated instructors, and the cross-country skiing takes place on prepared trails/tracks. Our course is for beginners and for those with some experience, and is taught in English. The more advance courses are taught in Norwegian, but all of our instructors can give you personal feedback in English.
The following goes for all courses:
- Once a week for three weeks. The courses is arranged on Saturday and starts at 10.00 am or 11.45 am.
- We arrange ski course in three periods: P1: in week 2,3 and 4, P2; in week 5,6 and 7, P3; in week 9,10 and 11.
- Meeting place: we will announce this by the end of october.
- From 16 years and older
- Prize 1390 NOK,- for members of the association, and 1690 NOK,- for non-members
- All groups have a maximum size of 8 per instructor
For beginners and those with some experience:
Recommended for those who feel they need to improve basic techniques. We teach you the essentials and explore gently undulating terrain. All skiing is on prepared tracks. Here you will learn how to master the techniques of stopping (called snowploughing), gliding (called diagonal skiing) and proper use of the ski poles (called poling and double-poling). Our focus is to develop your basic technique further, more balanced and more efficiently.